At SUMMIT we are engaged in both local and global missions. You can find us in Estes living out our faith in a variety of ways. From serving through Bobcat Camp to different areas here at SUMMIT, there's opportunities to get involved locally. But SUMMIT is also connected and engaged globally. Click the links above to learn more about what SUMMIT is partnering in and find out how you can get involved.
Bobcat Camp is an opportunity for Summit staff and volunteers to interact with children and families in Estes Park. On days when Elementary students have no school and Middle School and High School are in session, Summit Church - under the umbrella of the Community Center - offers a camp to Elementary students at the Community Center.
More Information: $25 per student* / Scholarships Available
7:45 AM to 3:45 PM
About the program:
• The program takes place in the Community Center's facility and outdoors as weather permits.
• Students are under the supervision of Summit Church staff and volunteers who will provide age appropriate crafts, games, songs, stories and activities.
• The program fee includes two snacks for the students, mid-morning and mid-afternoon. Students will be responsible to bring their own sack lunches.
• Pre-Registration is requested, but if space allows, child may register the day of camp.
• Parents can drop off their children from 7:45 AM until 8:15 AM and pick up their children from 3:15 PM to 3:45 PM at the lower level of the Community Center.
• If changes to your children’s transportation arise after registration, you must call the Community Center to make us aware. We care about your child’s safety!
* For more information or to register online visit: https://www.colorado.gov/evrpd
CRU (Campus Crusade for Christ)
Brad and Sarah Thoms serve with Campus Crusade for Christ in Boulder, CO. For years they have paired their passion for the outdoors with ministry through Cru, and are now focusing on a regional outdoor ministry team based out of Colorado, called LIFELINES!
LIFELINES is a branch of Cru that is focused on reaching the dark places of campus by offering free outdoor and recreational activities to students, clubs, teams, etc. and using the outdoors as a platform to share about Christ.
Universities can be a place where the Gospel is often times proclaimed no louder than a whisper in the midst of so many other social pressures and worldviews. Brad and Sarah love working with college students and have a vision to not only see Jesus proclaimed among students in Colorado, but also to equip and mobilize them to the corners of the earth to share the life changing effects of the Gospel.
SERVING @ SUMMIT
Tot and Kids Church
Set-up & Tear-down
Being a Mobile Church means we need a strong team of servants willing to come early or stay late in order to assemble our sanctuary. Please contact Dan if you are interested in setting up or taking down our Mobile Church.
Email Dan Claassen
Volunteers needed to assist in leading worship.
Meals to Encourage
In times of need, a prepared meal is a wonderful blessing. Please contact Anna if you are interested in becoming part of the team which provides meals when someone is sick, grieving, or unable to leave their home.
Email Anna Claassen
A hearty greeting is appreciated in welcoming newcomers and regular attenders to church. From parking lot attendants to setting up the refreshments table to passing out the bulletins, there are plenty of opportunities to get involved in showing hospitality to our church family each week.
Email Anita Shotts
Do you have for serving cross-culturally and reaching others for Jesus Christ. The Missions Team is a great way to get connected and ensure SUMMIT is transforming Estes and beyond with the hope of Christ.
Email Cleone Beall
SAQUIJA, ALTA VERAPAZ, GUATEMALA
In 2018 we adopted the village of Saquija through Food for the Hungry Ministries. We have had the opportunity to support this village through mission trips, projects, and sponsorships. The friends and members of Summit currently sponsor about 60 children from this village.
If you would like to learn more about sponsorship opportunities, please click on the link below:
SUMMIT Supports Missions
Each year the Summit Church gives both in time and money to 20+ projects and people. This is made possible through the giving and work of the Summit congregation. The SUMMIT Church Board has committed 5% of the giving each month to these projects and people. The distribution of these funds comes through the Mission Team. They meet monthly to make sure that each project has been researched and prayed for before a decision is made to include them in your giving or work project.
Ministries We Support - Monthly
- Sarah and Brad Thoms, CRU Lifelines, University of Colorado
- David and Brenda Babcock, Pastor to European Missionary Partners
- Tom Gooldy, (CRU), CRU Global Director of College Ministries
- Crossroads (Estes Park)
- FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) Sierra Peterson
- Bobcat Camp, Summit Kids Camp, Local Schools, Community Projects
- Saquija Sponsor Children (3) through Food for the Hungry
- Tikkum (Jerusalem Outreach Ministry)
Ministries We Support - One or More Times Per Year
- Estes Park Police and Fire Departments
- Estes Park School Teachers
- Local Outreach – April Town Clean-Up
- Supplies for Downtown Halloween Gathering
- Operation Christmas Child, Mike Aldridge, Director
- Knowing Him Ministries (Counselor/Teacher to Vietnam/Myanmar), Marli Kennell,
- THIRST Living Waters, Suicide Prevention, Annual Golf Tournament, Rick and Barb Jenkins
- Walking Together Life and Jenta Reads, Nigeria, Thaine Norris
- Czech Republic, Global Partners, Sabrina Hadsell
- YWAM, Argentina, Emilia Holden (Summit Youth 2015 Intern from Finland)
- CRU, Rwanda, Africa, Jean Bosco Izabayo
Missions Team Members include:
- Cleone Beall (co-chair)
- Barb Jenkins (co-chair)
- Prince Beall
- Thaine Norris
- Ron & Sharol Little
- Ron Duckworth
- Melissa Westover (Guatemala Director)
SUMMIT Church has a heart for Missions